The Hedland Flow Meter is a variable area (rotameter) instrument. A precision machined, sharp-edged Orifice is located within the piston assembly and forms an annular opening with the contoured metering cone. The piston assembly carries a cylindrical PPS/ ceramic magnet that is magnetically coupled to an external flow Indicator that moves precisely, in direct response to movement of the piston. A calibrated spring opposes flow in the forward direction. This spring decreases viscosity sensitivity and allows the flow meter to be used in any position, including inverted.
Hedland EZ-View® flow meters provide a lower cost alternative to standard Hedland flow meters. Made from high-impact thermoplastics like polysulfone and Radel®, these variable area meters (rotameters) contain a minimum number of moving parts, offering a reliable, trouble-free flow rate indicator. Fittings, available in brass, stainless steel and PVC, with NPT or BSP ports, allow the meter to be installed in a wide variety of applications. Meters can be used in oil and water processes, with the ability to add a flow switch, which can be used to trigger alarms.
- Direct reading
- Internal spring
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping required
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Special scales available
- Polysulfone and Radel® R materials
- Call to ensure material compatibility when ordering configurations with Teflon ® coated parts
- Flow – Alert module must be ordered separately
- For EPR and Kalrez o-ring seal materials, please call for a quote.