Rugged, yet thin, lightweight and flexible – use of Watlow® silicone rubber heaters is limited only by the imagination. Heat can be put exactly where it is needed to improve heat transfer, speed warm ups and decrease wattage requirements in an application process.
Fiberglass – reinforced silicone rubber provides dimensional stability without sacrificing flexibility. Because very little material separates the element from the part, heat transfer is rapid and efficient. Heaters are constructed with a wire-wound element or with an etched foil element. Its thin construction allows it to fit into applications where space is limited.
- Operating temperatures up to 500 ˚F (260 ˚C)
- Watt densities up to 80 W/in² (12.5 W/cm²), dependent upon application temperature
- Wire – wound element thickness – 0.055 in. (1.4 mm)
- Etched foil element – 0.022 in. (0.56 mm)
- UR®, cUR®, VDE and CE recognitions are available on many designs up to 428 ˚F (220 ˚C)