The Hedland Flow Meter is a variable area (rotameter) instrument. A precision machined, sharp-edged Orifice is located within the piston assembly and forms an annular opening with the contoured metering cone. The piston assembly carries a cylindrical PPS/ ceramic magnet that is magnetically coupled to an external flow Indicator that moves precisely, in direct response to movement of the piston. A calibrated spring opposes flow in the forward direction. This spring decreases viscosity sensitivity and allows the flow meter to be used in any position, including inverted.
Caustic and corrosive air/gas is characterized for its ability to damage/corrode other surfaces as the fluid media comes into contact with it. This media is harsh on traditional metering elements, which is why this particular Hedland flow meter was designed to withstand these types of fluids. For operators needing a quick, visual indication of flow, these meters provide the perfect solution, without the need for additional electronics. A wide range of end fittings and expansion options allow for system compatibility as well as remote system integration options via electronic output.
- Direct reading
- Internal calibrated spring
- 360° rotatable guard/scale
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping required
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Special scales available
- All configurations come standard with SCFM/PSI multi-pressure flow scales. L/SEC and bar scales available. Excludes MR Transmitter (MR) and Flow-Alert (F1, F2, RS1NO, RS1NC, RS2NO, RS2NC) configurations
- For single pressure flow scales, please call for a quote.